Welcome to Trema
Trema is a OpenFlow controller framework that includes everything needed to create OpenFlow controllers in Ruby and C.
This distribution includes all the source code of Trema you need to develop your own OpenFlow controllers. The source tree includes basic libraries and functional modules that work as an interface to OpenFlow switches.
Several sample applications developed on top of Trema are also provided, so you can run them as a sample of OpenFlow controllers. Additionally, a simple but powerful framework that emulates an OpenFlow-based network and end-hosts is provided for testing your own controllers. For debugging, a wireshark plug-in to diagnose internal data-flows among functional modules is provided.
1.Install the prerequisites at the command prompt:
$ sudo apt-get install gcc make ruby rubygems ruby-dev irb libpcap-dev libsqlite3-dev
2.Install Trema at the command prompt:
$ sudo gem install trema
3.Build Trema for the first time:
4.Follow the guidelines to start developing your OpenFlow controller. You may find the following resources handy:
- The Getting Started with Trema.
- The Trema in 10 Minutes Tutorial.
- The Trema Tutorial.
- The Trema Ruby API documents.
- The Programming Trema Article (in Japanese).
- Web Page: http://trema.github.com/trema/
- Bugs: https://github.com/trema/trema/issues
- Mailing List: https://groups.google.com/group/trema-dev
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/trema_news
Trema has been tested ONLY on the following environments:
- Ubuntu 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, 10.10, and 10.04 (i386/amd64, Desktop Edition)
- Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (i386/amd64)
It may also run on other GNU/Linux distributions but is not tested and NOT SUPPORTED at this moment.
Special thanks to all contributors for submitting patches. A full list of contributors including their patches can be found at:
Trema is released under the GNU General Public License version 2.0: