Better Reflection is a reflection API that aims to improve and provide more features than PHP's built-in reflection API.
Why is it better?
- You can reflect on classes that are not already loaded, without loading them
- Ability to reflect on classes directly from a string of PHP code
- Better Reflection analyses the DocBlocks (using phpdocumentor/type-resolver)
- Reflecting directly on closures
- Ability to extract AST from methods and functions
- Ability to return AST representation of a class or function
- Fetch return type declaration and parameter type declarations in PHP 7 code
- Change or remove PHP 7 parameter type and return type declarations from methods and functions
- Change the body of a function or method to do something different
- Moar stuff coming soon!
Be sure to read more in the feature documentation.
Require using composer:
$ composer require roave/better-reflection
<?php use Roave\BetterReflection\BetterReflection; $classInfo = (new BetterReflection()) ->classReflector() ->reflect(\Foo\Bar\MyClass::class);
- Compatibility with core Reflection API
- Basic usage instructions
- Using types
- The features
- Test suite
- AST extraction
- Reflection modification
Please refer to the Upgrade Documentation documentation to see what is required to upgrade your installed
- PHP cannot autoload functions, therefore we cannot statically reflect functions
This package is released under the MIT license.
If you wish to contribute to the project, please read the CONTRIBUTING notes.