Facebook IPO SMS Monitor
A dainty Twilio application that gives you an update on Facebook's stock price.
On the M train from Manhattan to Brooklyn during the day of the Facebook IPO, I was bummed I couldn't get updates through the spotty data connection. To rectify this for me and the other Twilio developer evangelists who were on the hoof on the big day, I did up a quick app to deliver the latest quote on $FB's stock price.
Text anything to (612) 213-2476 to see it work!
Step-by-step on how to deploy and develop this app.
1) Grab latest source
git clone git://github.com/RobSpectre/Facebook-IPO-SMS.git
2) Install dependencies
3) Navigate to folder and create new Heroku Cedar app
heroku create --stack cedar
4) Deploy to Heroku
git push heroku master
5) Scale your dynos
heroku scale web=1
6) Configure a new TwiML app and Twilio phone number to use the app.
python configure.py --account_sid ACxxxxxx --auth_token yyyyyyy -n -N
7) Text the new number and watch the news!
Be sure to follow the configuration steps above and use this step-by-step guide to tweak to your heart's content.
1) Install the dependencies.
2) Launch local development webserver
3) Open browser to http://localhost:5000.
4) Tweak away on
Better believe I tested this once-in-a-decade OMGWTFBBQ event.
- No warranty expressed or implied. Software is as is. Diggity.
- MIT License
- Lovingly crafted by Twilio New York