A twitch bot written in C# .NET with the help of JSON.NET. This twitch bot has a point system, with which viewers can bet their points for a change to double their bet. There's also a raffle minigame included, which picks one viewer from the lists as a winner.
What I've Learned
- Creating a C# .NET Form application
- Reading and writing from a TCP Client in .NET
- Using Json (JObjects and JArrays)
- Saving and reading Json objects from .txt files.
How To Setup
- Create a new twitch account for your bot (e.g. RobinGraaf_bot)
- Make sure it's verified via e-mail (some channels needs this to talk)
- Keep this account logged into twitch for now
- Start TwitchBot.exe
- Fill in your Channel name
- Fill in the bot name (which you just made)
- Make sure you're logged into twitch on the bot account
- Click the 'Get Token' link to generate an OAUTH token (DO NOT SHARE THIS TOKEN!)
- Copy this token into the text field
- Press 'Start Bot' to start the bot (once pressed, everything you just filled in will be saved)
- You can now log back into your own twitch account
- If you want the bot to be able to 'spam' chat (send more messages than usual), make sure the bot is a moderator of the channel.
- You can add more command (currently only bot responses) via the Add Command button.
- You can change the bot prefix (default: '!'), and the amount of time a viewer has to watch to score points via the Other Settings button.