Python Interpreter Installation
SiriAPI8 is based on Python 3, a powerful scripting language. Since Python is platform independent, you can run SiriAPI8 on most computers. In the past also Windows Mobile Phones (the ancient ones around 2003) were supported.
- On most Debian based Linux derivates you can run
sudo apt-get install python3to install Python
- You can run Python3 scripts by entering
python3in the terminal
- On Windows you need to download Python3 from here
- By default there isn't any command registered which you could use in CMD to run a script. You'll need to modify your %PATH% variable or call Python using
"C:\PythonVersion\python.exe"(brackets are required)
Mac OS X
- Open this link
- Double click on the installer and follow the instructions.
- Go to programs -> Utility's -> Open Terminal
- Now run the following command:
git clone https://github.com/HcDevel/SiriAPI8.git
- Now do:
- And finally run
sudo python3 setup.py installIf you experience problems during the installation (see issue #2), install setuptools using
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py -o - | python.
These steps are mostly platform independent.
- First of all, you need to download SiriAPI8. Choose one of the following ways:
- Easy: You can download the ZIP Archive containing all required files from here. Extract it at any location you want.
Expert: You can clone this repository by running
git clone https://github.com/HcDevel/SiriAPI8.git. Please note that
githas to be installed. You can do this on most Debian based systems by running
sudo apt-get install git. Clone at any directory you want
- Now you'll have to install the Python module
- Open a terminal (on Linux) or CMD (on Windows)
- Navigate into the directory where you have unpacked / cloned SiriAPI8. On Windows and Linux this will be done by using cd
- Ensure that there is a file called setup.py. Otherwise you are in the wrong directory
- Install SiriAPI8 by running
sudo python3 setup.py installon Linux, or on Windows
"C:\PythonVersion\python.exe" setup.py installIf you experience problems during the installation (see issue #2), install setuptools using
sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools. On other systems you can follow these instructions.
- If everything runs without problems or errors SiriAPI8 is successfully installed. If you experience any problems, don't hesitate to ask for help in the Issue tracker, you also might have found a bug ;)