Save the Eggs
Save the Eggs is currently compatible with mobile devices. The game is currently deployed as an Android app (apk) and works on browsers on iPhones 6, 7, and 8. (Note that this game is not compatible with a desktop or tablet.)
INSTALLATION, BUILDING, and DEPLOYMENT
To install the game on an Android device, we need:
To install the game's dependencies. We use Yarn for dependency management, so just install Yarn and run it in the folder containing package.json.
Zip the SaveEggsGame folder
We can use Cocoon.io for wrapping up our folder.
- Go to: https://cocoon.io and register for an account
- Upload your zip file (with WinRAR) and go to the settings stage
- In your Android's settings, switch Webview engine > Webview, Orientation > Portrait Fullscreen > No
- We need to add an Android key in the signing section. Please see: https://www.joshmorony.com/how-to-build-html5-mobile-games-with-cocoonjs/ for reference
- Save all changes and compile the project
- Download the zipped and compiled file. Use WinRAR to unzip the apk file
- Go to the command line and find the unzipped folder's directory
- Connect your Android device with the computer
- Enable Developer Mode on your phone
- adb install theCompiledGame.apk (tab)
Download Webstorm. Also, if you’re student, you can download the full version with your student account.
Clone with Webstorm
Click ‘VCS’ >> ‘Check out from Version Control’ >> Git in Webstorm start menu. Log in to your github account. Copy our github repository URL and paste it to ‘Git Repository URL’ textbox.
Running the game on Webstorm
Webstorm has its own local server. Open index.html in Webstorm and on the upper-right side, click on the brower icon you want to run.