Isomoprhic Hot Reload Boilerplate
Project aim is to maximise dev efficiency and your iteration loop out of the box. It provides/uses the following tech & features:
- Webpack 4
- React Router
- React Fast Refresh
- Apollo Client & Server
- Code splitting
- Server side rendering - React & Apollo
- Production ready full-stack builds
- Automatically opens browser window in development and closes in the event of a node process exit
- Watches for server side changes and reloads the browser
- Handles all files in memory for the fastest possible update times.
If you're looking for a speedier set up than using browser-sync, webpack dev server or nodemon, then this might be for you.
Developed using Windows; if there's a linux/mac issue, let me know.
git clone https://github.com/RonanQuigley/isomorphic-hot-reload-boilerplate yarn
The src directory holds all of your source files:
- The client folder contains all client side code. It currently has a simple
client.jsfile. update the following line to your colour of choice to see changes reflected in your browser :
document.body.style.background = 'whatever-colour'
- The server folder contains the express app and a server side renderer middleware i.e. function. You can extend off of this by adding an express router.
- The react folder is for your react app
- The dev tools folder contains hot reloading and other dev related code.
Using paths with spaces i.e. C:/users/foo/project/my project/ may result in a 404 response when serving files in memory. Therefore, make sure your project paths have no spaces in them.
Support & Suggestions
Please open an issue for support