Quickstart Debugging Java Servlet WAR running on Tomcat using Rookout
A sample application for debugging Java Servlet WAR running on Tomcat using Rookout.
Before following this guide we recommend reading the basic Java + Rookout guide
Integrate Rookout into your Java application
To integrate Rookout into your existing Java application, follow these steps:
- Download the Rookout Java Agent
- Add Rookout as a javaagent to the
export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -javaagent:$CATALINA_HOME/rook.jar"
- Set your Rookout Token as the
Run your application on an existing Tomcat server
- Package your application as a WAR:
- Deploy it to your Tomcat server:
cp sample.war /usr/local/tomcat/sample.war
- Browse to the app at /sample/
Use Docker instead
- Build the Dockerfile in this repo and run it to start a Tomcat server complete with the sample WAR running:
docker build -t rookout-deployment-example/java-tomcat-war .
docker run -e ROOKOUT_TOKEN=<your token> -p 8080:8080 --rm rookout-deployment-example/java-tomcat-war
- Browse to the app at http://localhost:8080/sample/
Go to app.rookout.com and start debugging !