Rookout desktop app
The Rookout desktop app makes it easy to view local files in your browser.
Rookout is a data extraction and pipelining platform, which provides the ability to collect any piece of data from live code, on-demand, using non-breaking breakpoints (Learn more about Rookout on our website or our docs pages).
The Rookout desktop app allows you to navigate through your local projects in a simple and flexible manner. Use this app in combination with the Rookout web debugger to set non-breaking breakpoints in your source files, and to instantly apply them to live code.
- Ease of use - set up once and easily access any directory or file you choose directly from the browser. No need to manually open or refresh files and folders; no additional privileges needed.
- Git aware - seamlessly access your source code across all devices where the app is installed, regardless of the local paths to which you’ve cloned a git repository to. Easily collaborate with fellow developers working on the same code base.
- Security - maintain strict control over the files you open for sharing and the websites that can access them. Rookout will never collect or modify your source code.
At Rookout we take your source code security very seriously. Rookout will never collect or modify your source code.
The Rookout Desktop App was designed with security as a foremost concern, its security features are as follows:
- The App only listens for connections from localhost.
- The App only allows access to folders you have chosen. Path traversal is disallowed.
- The App requires authentication using a secure token for accessing the file system.
- On the first installation, the App will be paired with your Rookout user to allow automatic authentication.
There are many ways in which you can participate in the project, for example:
- Submit bugs and feature requests, and help us verify as they are checked in.
- Review the documentation and make pull requests for anything from typos to new content.
If you are interested in fixing issues and contributing directly to the code base, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask a question on Stack Overflow
- Request a new feature
- File an issue
- Follow @rookoutlabs and let us know what you think!
- Read and subscribe to the official Rookout Blog
Copyright (c) Rookout LTD. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.