Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Get your Server Key from Google
In order to configure your Rover application for FCM, you must first obtain a Server Key from Google.
- Go to the Firebase Console.
- Select an existing project. Or click Create New Project, enter a project name and click Create:
- Click on the gear icon beside your project name, then select Project settings.
- Click on the Cloud Messaging tab, then copy your Server Key.
Configure Rover to use FCM
- In the Rover Settings app click on Android.
- Click on the plus sign to bring up the FCM form.
- Paste the Server Key you copied from Firebase and hit Save.
- If were are already using FCM in your Android application you are done. If not however, you must also integrate FCM into your Android application. To do this, return to the FCM console and select the project you previously created. Click to add an app.
- Select 'Android' as the platform and then follow the steps Google provides for completing the integration
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.