Clone this wiki locally
This library aids one in handling money and different currencies.
- Provides a Money class which encapsulates all information about an certain amount of money, such as its value and its currency.
- Represents monetary values as integers, in cents. This avoids floating point rounding errors.
- Provides APIs for exchanging money from one currency to another.
- Has the ability to parse a money string into a Money object.
- Website: http://rubymoney.github.com/money
- RDoc API: http://rubydoc.info/gems/money/file/README.md
- Git repository: http://github.com/RubyMoney/money
To integrate money in a Rails application use the money-rails gem, or follow one of these alternative tutorials.