Frequently asked questions
My browser plays the video. How do I download it?
Most recent browsers automatically play a video if it is a format they know how to play. You can ususally download the video by doing File > Save to or ctrl + S.
How do I change config parameters?
You need to create a YAML file called
config.yml at the root of your project.
Here are the parameters that you can set:
- youtubedl: path to your youtube-dl binary
- python: path to your python binary
- params: an array of parameters to pass to youtube-dl
- curl_params: an array of parameters to pass to curl
- convert: true to enable audio conversion
- avconv: path to your avconv or ffmpeg binary
- rtmpdump: path to your rtmpdump binary
See config.example.yml for default values.
How do I enable audio conversion?
In order to enable audio conversion, you need to add this to your
convert: true avconv: path/to/avconv
You will also need to install
curl on your server:
sudo apt-get install libav-tools curl
How do I deploy Alltube on Heroku?
Create a dyno with the following buildpacks:
You might also need to add the following config variables:
Then push the code to Heroku and it should work out of the box.
Why can't I download videos from some websites (e.g. Dailymotion)
Some websites generate an unique video URL for each IP address. When using Alltube, the URL is generated for our server's IP address and your computer is not allowed to use it.
There are two known workarounds:
- You can run Alltube locally on your computer.
- You can use the experimental
feature/streambranch which streams the video through the server in order to bypass IP restrictions. Please note that this can use a lot of resources on the server (which is why we won't enable it on alltubedownload.net).
You probably don't have the minified files (in the
You need to either: