An augmented reality experience that guides you to explore UCSD's Stuart Collection statues
- Find our full experience demo on HoloLens at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4hfqg2DUo
- Check out the article of this project on Medium: https://email@example.com/holobear-tour-mixed-reality-app-a85c13955b49
This is originally a research study for information visualization in mixed reality launched by Wanze and Dr. Ali Sarvghad at Human-Centered and Ubiquitous Computing Lab at UCSD. We are exploring embedded visualization, speculative design, implicit interaction, eco-feedback, smart home design, etc.
HoloBearTour is a proof-of-concept application of our research and is intended to help UCSD visitors understand and learn about the culture and history of UCSD's Stuart Collection Statue, and we are using the Hawkinson's Bear as an example. Here we are including the mixed reality version of the application for HoloLens on the UWP platform and the application for the iOS platform using ARkit.
Try it Out
What things you need to install the software and how to install them:
- Unity 2017.3 or up
- Xcode 9
- iPhone or iPad that supports ARkit feature
In Unity, switch to the target platform (UWP for HoloLens and iOS for iOS), and then click "Build and Run" to build into an executable file or launch Xcode project for testing.
- HoloToolkit - The SDK used for HoloLens example
- ARkit - The SDK used for iOS example
- Unity - Development Engine & Environment
- Wanze (Russell) Xie - (https://github.com/russellxie7)