Where Am I?
Single page web app for people that wander into uncharted, unknown territory in New York City determining what neighborhood and borough you are in, as well as housing prices, dining establishments, and the popularity of the area.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch: git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes: git commit -am "Add some feature"
- Push to the branch: git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
- Ruby, Bundler
- Sqlite on development and Postgresql on production
- Yelp API, NY Times Districts API, StreetEasy API
- Tells you what neighborhood and borough you are currently in (NY Times Districts API)
- Suggests the top rated restaurant and bar on Yelp for that area (Yelp API)
- Pulls the average one-bedroom rental price for the neighborhood (StreetEasy API)
- Shows the popularity of the neighborhood, as expressed by thumbs up/down
Tyler Brewer, Ryan Novas & Nancy Ko
Copyright (c) 2015 <Tyler Brewer, Ryan Novas & Nancy Ko>
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.