Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a patch release to fix NPM package delivery. Bower component dependencies are now excluded as they were causing issues with
npm shrinkwrap from locking down version numbers.
Techne NPM package
As of v1.5.6, you can install Techne using the Node Package Manager (NPM). The Techne NPM package is available in the Global NPM repository.
Product Thumbnail displays prices ranges and discounts
The Product Thumbnail pattern can now display discounted prices, price ranges, and also discounted price ranges.
- The markup for displaying inline help is now simplified.
- The Product Grid Starter page is updated to use the new markup for displaying prices.
- Minor copy text changes on the website.
- All help text elements now have the same font size.
- The Details 1 Starter Page now displays the upload picture interaction.
- New Empty Starter Page illustrates how to display a page without content.
The former Localization Editor is now renamed to the more generic Multi-Tab Editor. You can use the Multi-Tab Editor to collect information with multiple dimensions, such as prices on different currencies and data in different regions.
- The Starter Page Details 1 now reflects changes for displaying and updating avatar images.
- The header style is now the same for the Tree and Table patterns.
- The Tree pattern now highlights any row when you hover over it with your cursor.
- The Tone and voice guidelines are updated.
- The Help bubbles pattern is improved and now appears on top of other elements on the page.
- The padding of the Static Form Elements is improved to provide a more compact look.
- The references to the CSS Icon-Font file now have a dynamic hash to prevent caching issues.
- The Cards pattern is updated to display a nicer shadow effect, and looks less "bumpy" when interacting with the cards.
Deprecated Localization Editor
- The Localization Editor is now deprecated. This component's CSS classes are still active but only for the next two releases. Use the new Multi-tab Editor from now on.
- A new pattern defines how to display avatars and images on cards and tables -using standard sizes. This pattern also defines the HTML markup and the user interaction to follow when uploading or changing images.
- The Tree Pattern HTML Markup is simplified. Complex use of CSS classes along with HMTL attributes is improved.
- The Toggle buttons now have a stylized 1/0 label instead of on/off. This change provides a more universal, conceptual representation for the toggle buttons, so there is no need to translate the button labels.
- Improved accessibility on the Expandable Button. The expandable options are now in a more accessible order. Secondary options are now at the bottom of the widget and do not obscure the primary options anymore.
- Checkboxes and Radiobuttons components now represent the :focused and :active statuses visually.
- The Localised Editor is extended to display static content.
- There is a new pattern that highlights new and unsaved data elements. This pattern can be applied to cards, tables, and trees. An example of this pattern used in a tree, is shown in the following screenshot:
- A new modifier class added to the expandable button pattern prevents the expanded options from breaking the other elements in the layout.
- There is a new Custom Select element added to the form components.
- There are improvements to the documentation.
- Vendor-specific CSS prefixes are now added automatically
- New way to display cards in groups. With the new modifier you can esily group cards into groups, with a more compact design.
- Resolved an issue with the mobile behavior of the tabs.
- Modified the style of the tabs on the `:hover` and `:active` states.
- Fixed the misaligned icon on the Add Button for Android.
- Changed the Starter Pages to reflect the standard way to use a margin on a full page.
- Visual changes were made to the Tables pattern.
- New Product Thumbnail pattern added. Can be used to show a list of products in a grid.
- Revisited Tree pattern. Now with more standard expand/collapse icons and behavior; a description of how the interactivity should work.
New Starter Pages
- New Grid Started pages added. Speeds the development of pages used to display a grid of products using the Product Thumbnail pattern.
- New Tree Starter Page added to show the interactive behaviour in action.
- Fixed an issue when the Card component includes a popup submenu
- Improved Icons page with grid layout for easy scanability. Added suggested colors for each icon based on it's recommended usage
- Improvements on Dialogues/Modals, Toolbar documentation, Help messages icons and widgets.