Mats Wichmann edited this page
Oct 9, 2021
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the wiki of the SCons project! This is an open forum for development and use of SCons. Please, do feel free to contribute.
- AboutSCons - background information about scons
- FromMakeToScons - why scons? a critique of the venerable Make tool, and a history of build systems
- SconsVsOtherBuildTools - for those who want to compare SCons to other build tools.
- SconsProjects, open source projects which use SCons (add yours there). Can be a useful resource to learn new SCons tricks or just see it in action
- The SCons Discord channel. The preferred chat channel - preserves history, gives more formatting control, and just in general is now a much more active place than our IRC channel.
- #scons IRC channel on Libera Chat irc://irc.libera.char/scons
- TalksAndSlides - videos and presentation slides of SCons talks
- BasicConcepts - SCons building blocks
- SConsCrashCourse - write your first simple scripts in 5 minutes
- SconsProcessOverview - explanation of how SCons works and a list of many predefined functions in SCons
- SconsTutorial1 - An Introduction to SCons
- SconsTutorial2 - More Syntax, Shared Libraries, Install Targets
- IDEIntegration to use SCons from your favourite IDE
- FromQmakeToScons - how to make the switch
- SConsOnACluster - how to use SCons for high performance computing on many parellel machines
- the official SCons User Guide (HTML or PDF)
- the official SCons Manual page (HTML or PDF) - very detailed information about SCons features.
- the SCons Cookbook - various recipes for accomplishing common things.
- the SCons Recipes page - a gold mine of information, code snippets and various examples
- Frequently Asked Questions
- some platform specific notes
- HowToContribute - ideas for helping out the project in general (no hacking skills required!)
- A repository of Contributed Software (scons-contrib)
- ContributedBuilders - contributed builders (and other misc tools) to provide support for more languages/libraries. A number of these have more up to date versions in the scons-contrib repo.
- ToolsForFools - Guide for writing new Builders/Tools
- SconsToolbox for contributed modules/extensions/scripts
- ToolsIndex for Tool modules that are developed separately from SCons
- DeveloperGuide for those who wish to hack on the core code
- SConsDevelopers page assigning responsibilities for different parts of SCons (volunteer!)
- Buildbot, our automatically running build and performance reports
- Installing buildbot slaves, examples and commands for setting up a Buildbot slave (volunteer now!)
- NeedForSpeed page to record possibilities for improving SCons' performance
Other Wiki Notes
- WikiUserPages, a page to find out about the people who edit this wiki (add yourself there!)