Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Also see CustomBuilders, an automatically generated page - contains all pages with Builder in their names
- Also see ToolsIndex, a list of external SCons Tools that are developed as packages and managed via a DVCS (Bazaar, Mercurial, Git,...)
- LyxBuilder: Convert .lyx files to .tex. And teach PDF to understand .lyx files.
- ReplacementBuilder: for when you need to take a *.in file and replace some variables in it, such as pkg-config .pc files or DBus .service files
- UsingCodeGenerators: how to build an application and then use that application to generate other files
- PythonExtensions: how to build python extension modules using SCons Swig & Boost
- PyrexPythonExtensions: how to build pyrex python extension modules using SCons
- BuildNumberProcessing: you have a build number or version number that needs to be included in the link
- UsingCompilerBuilt asks about building a compiler/tool which is then used to build the application.
- NasmBuilder: how to compile nasm source files
- RpcBuilder: how to compile RPC protocol sources
- CorbaBuilder: Builder for orbix corba idl generated C++ files.
- CorbaTaoBuilder: Builder for tao corba idl generated C++ files.
- AntlrBuilder: Builder for antlr to create targets that Scons can use
- RunningConfigureAndMake: how to use SCons to run configure and make, as part of migrating from Makefiles
- AccumulateBuilder: builder which "collects" files and/or directories for easy tarring/zipping for distribution
- UicImageEmbedder: builder which generates an image collection by embedding image files into a c++ sourcefile
- SubstInFileBuilder: provides TOOL_SUBST, which substitutes values from a dictionary into a file. Can be used for autotools-like configure substitution or other purposes.
- SubstInFileBuilder2: provides a slightly different implementation of SubstInFile that substitutes values from the environment into a file.
- GenericSubstBuilder: Provides a powerful generic substitution mechanism and two helpers for regular files and headers.
- DistTarBuilder: builds a tar file with an internal directory structure
- DoxygenBuilder: generates doxygen docs automatically scanning for dependencies
- CsharpBuilder: a builder to support C# using Mono, mcs, etc.
- SwigBuilder: extra stuff about building SWIG beyond what's currently built-in.
- NsisBuilder: see NsisSconsTool
- EiffelStudioTool: Builder tool for the Eiffel programming language (EiffelStudio).
- GchBuilder: Builder for gcc's precompiled headers
- EnvValue: A value node which substitutes variables from the environment
- CombineBuilder: Small Builder to include several c/c++ source files into one file
- ArchiveBuilder: Builder to make archive (tar.gz, tar.bz2 or zip) in a simple way
- GhcBuilder: Builder for the Haskell programming language.
- CxxTestBuilder: Integrate CxxTest unit testing framework into scons, together with a 'scons check' target. (make check clone from autotools)
- ReStructuredTextBuilder: produces HTML or LaTeX output from reStructuredText input
- CheetahBuilder: compiles and fills Cheetah templates
- SconsDotNet - using SCons to build CoctaThorpe and VbDotNet
- InstallFiles - Recursively scan the source for files to install according to glob and exclude patterns
- ProtocBuilder - Generates Protocol Buffers target files from .proto source.
- PyuicBuilder - Generates PyQt Python files from QtDesigner .ui source.
- MsvcIncrementalLinking - Replaces the Program and SharedLibrary builders to support Microsoft Visual C++ incremental linking.
- StaticPicLibrary - a builder like StaticLibrary but aiming to place position independant code (pic) in the library built
- Download- & UnpackBuilder - two correspondent builders, that can download and unpack a file (eg tar.gz / tar.bz2), usefull for installing libraries to a project
Tools for specific librairies
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.