Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Active open source projects which use SCons as their build system:
- ASCEND, a system modelling package for engineering (SConstruct)
- Aria Maestosa - a C++ MIDI editor and composition/notation application (SConstruct)
- Blender - Popular 3D suite (SConstruct)
- Bombono DVD authoring program with nice and clean GUI
- Cantera - a toolkit for chemical kinetics and thermodynamics. Uses SCons for building a C++ library, Python packages, a Matlab toolbox, and Windows installers (SConstruct)
- Chaste - Cancer, Hearth and Soft Tissue Environment, a general purpose simulation package for biology and physiology (SConstruct)
- CLAM - a C++ Library for Audio and Music, a framework to develop sophisticated audio analysis and transformations (SConstruct)
- FreeNOS - a microkernel operating system written in C++ (SConstruct)
- Freesteam - steam and water properties library (SConstruct)
- FSP Project - File Transfer Protocol (SConstruct)
- GL O.B.S. - GL Open Benchmark Suite (SConstruct, Benchmarks SConstruct)
- Godot - Game Engine (SConstruct)
- GtkRadiant - level editor for Id technology games (SConstruct)
- IntensityEngine - an open source platform for 3D games and virtual worlds (SConstruct).
- LProf - ICC Profile creation application for color managing your imaging devices (SConstruct)
- Lumiera - professional video editor for Linux (SConstruct, Setup.py, Platform.py, a SConscript)
- Madagascar - geophysical data processing and reproducible numerical experiments (SConstruct). Uses SCons not only for compiling software but also for managing data processing flows. See Reproducible computational experiments using SCons and their SCons page.
- Mapnik - free toolkit for developing geospatial mapping applications (SConstruct)
- Mars: Land of No Mercy Open source isometric turn-based strategy game. See SConstruct
- Mixxx - Free MP3 DJ Mixing Software
- MongoDB (Document Database) MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open source, document-oriented database. See SConstruct
- Netsukuku (Netsukuku daemon) See SConstruct.
- Nonpareil (Microcode-level HP calculator simulator) See SConstruct and the SConscript files in subdirectories
- NSIS (Script based installer creator for Windows) See SConstruct
- Nsound - C++ Audio Synthesis Framework
- OpenAlea - Python/C++ Components for plant modelling. See SConsX, a SCons based Python package to ease complex build on Linux and Windows.
- openEHR (Electronic Health Record standard). See SConstruct
- Palabos - Open-source CFD solver based on the lattice Boltzmann method.
- PlatformIO - A cross-platform code builder and the missing library manager. See SConstruct
- PowderToy - Create a landscape in this physics sandbox engine...and then blow it up!
- PowerScribe3000 - CD and DVD discs indexer.
- S.C.O.U.R.G.E. A cross platform, open source rogue-like game. See SConstruct
- SuperCollider (Realtime sound synthesis server and language) See SConstruct
- Syx (Smalltalk-80 implementation). See SConstruct. This setup includes test and plugins, working on posix and win32.
- The Battle for Wesnoth - free turn-based tactical strategy game (SConstruct)
- Ubitrack Tracking for Mixed-/Augmented Reality applications, Chair for Computer Aided Medical Procedures and Augmented Reality, Technical University Munich
- UFO2000 (turn based tactical multiplayer game) See SConstruct
- VMime Library (Mail library) See SConstruct
- YafaRay A free open-source raytracing engine.
Less active projects, which use SCons as their build system:
Spook (X11 window manager) This project has disappeared almost without trace.
kio-clucene (flexible local search kio-slave for KDE) There appears to be no activity since 2005.
Rekall (KDE database frontend) Projects which previously used SCons as their build system:
Delta3D Open source gaming and simulations engine, switched to CMake
Non Open source projects which use SCons as their build system:
- ISTS TCP BIOS A proprietary loader software for a telecomunications traffic simulator
- Battlefield 1942 (FPS and vehicle action game)
- Vocon3200 speech recognition engine and SDK for automotive navigation systems from Nuance
Vocalizer speech synthesis engine and SDK for embedded systems from Nuance
- Nuance uses SBuild, a drop-in add-on to SCons-local, since January 2005. SBuild is not open source (yet).
- http://www.doom3.com iD Software's Doom 3 SDK includes the internally used Scons files.
- COPS 2170: The Power of Law (cyberpunk style tactical strategy with RPG elements)
- ALFA: Antiterror (tactical simulation)
- Pin (Binary Instrumentation Tool)
On 2008-02-17, Mark Brown scanned the packages in the Debian distribution for packages that used SCons. There may be some false positives due to the nature of the scan, but he found 35 packages. Many of them don't seem to be listed above. If someone has some spare cycles, tracking down the projects missing above and adding them would be a good thing. Here's the list: abakus aqsis ardour balder2d belpic blender blockattack btanks cheesetracker codeine create-resources csstidy darcs-buildpackage dc-qt dfsbuild gaia gtkrsync hg-buildpackage hpodder jppy kstreamripper linuxdcpp lprof mixxx nsis oregano pingus pouetchess pyexiv2 rafkill skim telepathy-inspector tla-buildpackage wlassistant yafray