Select2 is a jQuery based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and infinite scrolling of results.
To get started checkout examples and documentation at http://ivaynberg.github.com/select2
- Enhances native selects with search
- Enhances native selects with a better multi-select interface
- Nested optgroups: native selects only support one level of nested, Select2 does not have this restriction
- Tagging: ability to add new items on the fly
- Working with large remote datesets: ability to partially load a dataset based on the search term
- Paging of large datasets: easy support for loading more pages when the results are scrolled to the end
- Templating: support for custom rendering of results and selections
- IE 8+ (7 mostly works except for issue with z-index)
- Chrome 8+
- Firefox 3.5+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 10.6+
- Wicket-Select2 (Java / Apache Wicket)
- select2-rails (Ruby on Rails)
- AngularUI (AngularJS)
- Bootstrap (CSS skin)
Select2 supports multiple languages by simply including the right
language JS file (
Missing a language? Just copy
it and make a pull request back to Select2 here on Github.
Have a bug? Please create an issue here on GitHub!
Have a question? Ask on our mailing list!
Copyright 2012 Igor Vaynberg
This software is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "Apache License") or the GNU General Public License version 2 (the "GPL License"). You may choose either license to govern your use of this software only upon the condition that you accept all of the terms of either the Apache License or the GPL License.
You may obtain a copy of the Apache License and the GPL License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the Apache License or the GPL Licesnse is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the Apache License and the GPL License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the Apache License and the GPL License.