SESYNC has installed the eBeam whitebaord capture software on all of our conference room PC's and laptops.
Starting up Whiteboard Capture
- Attach the whiteboard capture device to the side of the whiteboard.
- Open up the eBeam software by clicking on the icon on the task bar.
- Calibrate the software by clicking the 'Tools' menu and select 'Calibrate Capture Area'.
- Follow the screens, select the location of the capture device on the white board, then use the special markers to tap the far corners when prompted and click 'Finish' when done.
- After calibration is finished, you may start using the special whiteboard markers to draw on the board.
Navigating the Software
- A/B/C - Change layout
- D - Full screen
- E - Create new drawing window (Note: You cannot edit previous windows)
- F - Duplicate current window and keep editing new copy
- G - Erase current drawing window
- H - Erase part of your drawing
In order to change to a different whiteboard in the room, just move the capture device to the new whiteboard and recalibrate (Steps 3-5 above). You will also need to open up a new, blank sheet to record the whiteboard. Click the icon shown above 'E' above.
Click 'File', 'Save As' and select PDF or Tiff as the type of file. Please note, the capture software will only record the whiteboard while its open, you can save and re-open your worksheets by using the 'WBD' capture format.
You may connect the Laptop running the eBeam software to your lync meeting so remote participants may see what you are drawing. Please see the Lync meeting guide for instructions on how to do this.
(Optional) Downloading Software
If you would like to install the eBeam software on your won laptop, teh softwrae may be downloaded from http://www.e-beam.com/support/downloads/ebeam-software/interactive-suite-3.html or see SESYNC's IT staff to get a copy.