openage data files
This repo contains the free assets for running openage. They will eventually replace the sprites and sounds used in Age of Empires I, Age of Empires II and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.
Data in this repository is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License or any later version.
Code in this repository is licensed under the GNU GPLv3 or any later version.
For further information and the author list, see copying.md.
Guides for creation of assets can be found in our documentation.
As the files do not create them themselves, unfortunately you have to help out. grab your favorite program and start creating or improving media files!
- Krita: great out-of-the-box image manipulation and drawing tool
- GIMP: swiss army knife of image editing with loads of plugins and extensions available
- pillow: image manipulation for python scripts
- blender: 3D modeling, animating and rendering
- audacity: audio editing and recording
- Ardour: audio recording, editing and mixing
- LMMS: music and soundtrack production (midi only)
You should also check out our modding repository for custom tools and scripts.
If you have the desire to perform semi-human interaction, join our Matrix or IRC chatroom!
Do not hesitate to ping and insult us, we might not see your message otherwise.