Scaffold Django X: a flexible cookiecutter
A cookiecutter that's simple yet flexible for quick scaffolding of Django projects. Save on boilerplate code and start prototyping/developing within seconds.
- CSS framework (optional): Bootstrap 4 | Tailwind CSS (default) | none
- jQuery CDN (default: no)
- A simple
base.htmlfile: specific structure depends on the CSS framework you choose
- An empty
- An empty
static/your_project/css/that's included in
.gitignorewith sane defaults
pipenvsupport: structure depends on the options you choose
- A simple,
.envfile for environment variable management (with the pre-installed
- A top level
.pylintrcfile for basic Python linting (pre-installed:
How to use
- Make sure you have installed all the dependencies.
- Navigate to the folder in which you want to scaffold your Django project
- Fill in your project's details
pipenv shellto enter your virtual environment
python manage.py migrateto run the initial migration
python manage.py runserverto start the dev server at
Contributions that keep this project flexible and simple are more than welcome. Feel free to fork this repository and adapt it for any of your needs.
Changelog & TODO (help welcome)
- Support for optional DRF/Rest-API scaffolding
- Support for optional Django Debug Toolbar
- Support for
- Add tests
Read the tutorial (coming soon) or get in touch.