- Users are registered to Research Units (RU)
- Data items are called objects. An object can consist of multiple files (eg DICOM series) or a single data file (eg statistical model).
- Objects can be related to each other. Related objects are visible in the Related data section of each object.
- After upload, the objects are only visible to the owner. These objects are called unpublished data. After curation by the owner (filling meta-data, reviewing the data, setting permissions), the data has to be pulished to make them available to other users.
- Each object has and unique SMIR-ID and is renamed according to the SMIR naming template. The original file name is only visible to the user who owns the data
For registration, a research unit (RU) is required. Please check (interally) if your institute already has registered.
- RU exists, use it in the registration form
- Challenges, use the appropriate challenge group for registration
- RU does not exist, use the link on the registration page to request your own research unit.
To add data to SMIR, use the upload page. After successful upload, the data in still unpublished (only visible to you) and some steps need to be complete before publishing.
Adding meta data and publish
- add meta-data like description, height, age etc. The anatomical region is the only field required to publish the object
- add relate data object. For example, link a segmenation to its image object
- Set permissions. Choose how users/RU can access your data object.
- Set a license to specify how the data can be used by others
- After pulishing the data is available to other users
Organize the data
Your can find your data in My SMIR > published data. You can organize them in MyProjects (visible to you) or in MyGroups (visible to group members). Here are the steps needed
- Create a new folder
- Select the objects you want to put into this folder and select copy in the object menu.
- A copy of the object is now visible in the folder
- You can shared the folder if you want to make it available to other users
! The object is always visible in published data. ! The object permission are NOT affected when sharing a folder
Use the full-text search field in the to bar or the modular search. Additionally, have a look at the SharedFolders in MyPlaces.
Use the download in the menue item of each object. The system generates a zip file which is downloaded. It includes
- the data files
- The license (.txt)
- the meta data (.json)