Collection is a special object type. You do not upload data, you generate it on the web. It is a collection of other objects presented with a description, contact information etc.. The collection object generates internally two files which can be downloaded.
- a markdown (.md) file with the description
- a comma separated list (.txt) holding the contained objects
Create a collection
The all contained objects are included in the collection automatically.
The description is prefilled with template text and is intended as a starting point. You can edit the content to you likings.
- Use the markdown syntax. Here some usefull resource
Images can be inserted using base64 encoding or pointing to an URL
You can use the preview image URL or any other external URL
- Upload a preview image
- Open the preview image after upload
- Right click on the image in the popup and select Copy Image Location
- Add this code where you want to display the image
- Use the reference syntax
- Online base64 encoder
![Image Caption][image]` ... content [image]:data:base64imagecontent_verylongstring
Fill the File information section
- Title: Title of the collection
- Contact name: Full name
- Contact email: valid email address
- Anatomical region
Use the Publish button to publish the collection.
After publishing, the Create DOI button is available. For more information please read the DOI section
Create DOI for objects
You can generate DOI for a single or multiple included objects.
Modifiy a collection
You can add single objects or folder content to a collection using the Add objects/folder button
You can add indivdual object using their SMIR-ID to the collection
You do only download the collection object, not the contained data objects.
You get a zip with these files:
- SMIR.XX.XX.ID.md, the description
- SMIR.XX.XX.ID.txt, list of contained objects
- License.txt, the license
- SMIR.XX.XX.ID.json, the meta-data
If you want to download data object read the next section
You can download individual, multiple object or all objects from the list.
- mark the objects to download using the checkboxes and download it using the Download selected button
- Download all to download the all objects of the collection