How to copy an App or Widget to customize it
For detailed documentation on how to create Apps and Widgets, see the respective docs from the main menu. Here is a summary of how to do it.
- First create 2 folders in your Documents/SIMRacingApps folder called "apps" and "widgets".
- Then, using 7-Zip, open the SIMRacingAppsServer.exe.
- Navigate to the "apps" or "widgets" folder and copy the one you are customizing to the respective folder in Documents/SIMRacingApps.
- Now you can modify the copied version and the server will look there first and serve it up to you.
- If you want to still have access to the original version, you will have to rename the folder and files as follows.
- Rename the folder in the "apps" or "widgets" folder to a name not already used by SRA.
- In the folder rename all of the files from the old name to the new name.
- Open each file and rename any references of the old name to the new name.
- Once created, save a screen shot to the icon.png.
- If want, submit your creation to the Issues list for me to evaluate and I will consider including it in a future release for everyone. Just Zip up your creation with the paths relative to Documents/SIMRacingApps and attach to the issue.