Task 2 - Answer the questions
Different types of regression
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Polynominal Regression
How do the three methods differ?
- Simple Linear Regression establishes the relationship between two variables using a straight line. It has only one x and one y variable.
- Multiple Linear Regressions is the same as Linear Regressions, however it has multiple X colums
- Polynomial Regression is a one of the types of linear regression in which the relationship between the independent variable x and dependent variable y is modeled as an nth degree polynomial.
In which type of projects each of them fits best?
- If your dataset has only two colums, use the Linear Regression porject.
- If your dataset has more than 2 features, use Multiple Linear Regression.
- If you have multiple data samples with a lot of features with exponential or inverse eksponentiel, use Polynomial Regression.