What is EMF-REST?
EMF-REST generates truly RESTful APIs for your EMF models. EMF-REST complements the existing (Java-based) API generation facilities EMF already provides and extends them to the Web.
- EMF-REST automatically creates a RESTful API conforming to the JAX-RS specification that can be automatically deployed in your application server.Generation of REST services in the server based on the Java JAX-RS specification.
- All the communication with the API is done via JSON objects. Currently, these objects are then stored as XML files in the server.
What is coming next?
We are currently working hard on:
- Model management support (e.g., creating/deleting models by the API)
- Storage configuration (currently only file-based in supported)
- Access control management
- Configuration of the generated API
- Definition of how model elements have to be serialized.
Who is behind EMF-REST?
Can I collaborate?
Absolutely!. EMF-REST is licensed under the EPL license so feel free to contribute.