Welcome to GET-IT documentation!
The Geoinformation Enabling ToolkIT starterkit® (GET-IT) is an Open Source software for geospatial data and metadata management. It allows the user to upload, store, visualize and share data on the Web through Open Geospatial Consoritum (OGC) standard services. GET-IT users can manage traditional geographic data (layers, maps) and observations from sensors using simple web form accessible through a single graphic user interface (GUI). GET-IT also include EDI to create metadata according to international profiles (INSPIRE, RNDT, SensorML).
How To Use The Documentation
The documentation is geared toward three distinct types of users:
- Users: are people who log into GET-IT web form and use its functionalities.
- Administrators: are people who install and deploy GET-IT for their Users.
- Developers: are people who write code to add functionalities, integrate with other systems, fix bugs, and potentially help an Administrator to setup a server and deploy a GET-IT instance.
The documentation is divided into three sections:
- :ref:`presentation`: a short presentation of GET-IT features and its functionalities.
- :ref:`users`: step-by-step instructions in workshop format that help different users to accomplish a set of tasks.
- :ref:`publication`: information about the project, how to contribute, links, resources, other info.
Table of contents
It contains step-by-step tutorials that are oriented around performing particular sets of tasks, like adding data or publishing data, setting up and maintaining a server, or setting up a project to extend from GET-IT.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 5 :hidden: About GET-IT <presentation>
The About GET-IT section gives an overview of GET-IT and it is targeted at a non-technical audience to present its functionalities and its main work environment who just want to and will come back later to the complete documentation
The Tutorials section contains step-by-step instructions that are oriented around performing particular sets of tasks, like adding data or publishing maps, setting up and maintaining a server, or setting up a project to extend from GET-IT. These tutorials are written in a workshop like format and are broken into two groups:
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 3 :includehidden: tutorials/index
The Activities by GET-IT team section scientifically summarize the history and the progression of GET-IT development. It contains links to papers, articles, use cases and the most updated materials produced by GET-IT team.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 5 :includehidden: GET-IT team activities <publication>
Having trouble? Can't find what you are looking for? We'd like to help!