Achieve more in less time using the new SQL PowerShell - THR2114
These are the scripts used in my presentation at the Ignite conference in 2018. You can find the video for these scripts here on YouTube.
Microsoft's official PowerShell module for SQL Server offers faster ways to manage your entire data-loving world. See the best of the new features in the new SQL Server module, and why every data professional will find it useful. The SQL Server team has already delivered new cmdlets to help you manage SQL Agent Jobs, SQL Error Logs, and Add & Remove Logins. You can now query multiple sources (SQL, csv files, etc.) and combine the results easily; leveraging .NET DataTables, you can insert those results into SQL Server in a streamlined way.
New versions of the SQL Server module are being released every month or two with more new features. See all the new capabilities in SQL PowerShell, and get a cheat-sheet to remember what you learned.
- Download the Module(s) Video - Installing_the_Modules.ps1
- Registered Servers Provider Video - Providers.ps1
- Get-SqlInstance Video - Using_Get-SqlInstance.ps1
- Set the SQL Error Log Max Size Video - Set-SqlErrorLog-ErrorLogSizeKb.ps1
- SQL Vulneability Assessment Video - Invoke-SqlVulnerabilityAssessmentScan.ps1
- Import / Export Excel to / from SQL Server Video - Import-Excel.ps1 & Export-Excel.ps1
Make SQL PowerShell Better!
Go to aka.ms/SQLFeedback to submit your ideas and Up-Vote ideas other customers ideas.