- Stable releases – if you just want to use selfoss.
- Development builds (latest) – if you want to try unreleased features or bug fixes, or help testing them.
- Git-tracked source code – if you want to join selfoss development. Some assembly required.
- Upload all files of this folder (IMPORTANT: also upload the invisible .htaccess files)
- Make the directories data/cache, data/favicons, data/logs, data/thumbnails, data/sqlite and public/ writeable
- Insert database access data in config.ini (see below -- you don't have to change anything if you want to use sqlite)
- You don't have to install the database, it will be created automatically (ensure that your database has enought rights for creating triggers)
- Create cronjob for updating feeds and point it to https://yourselfossurl.com/update via wget or curl. You can also execute the cliupdate.php from commandline.
If you obtained selfoss using Git, some more steps will be required. See the development section.
For further questions or on any problem use our support forum: https://selfoss.aditu.de/forum/
- Copy defaults.ini to config.ini
- Edit config.ini and delete any lines you do not wish to override
- Do not delete the [globals] line
- See https://selfoss.aditu.de/ for examples
- Backup your database and your "data" folder
- (IMPORTANT: don't delete the "data" folder) delete all old files and folders excluding the folder "data" and the file config.ini
- Upload all new files and folders excluding the data folder (IMPORTANT: also upload the invisible .htaccess files)
- Make the folder "public" writeable
- Rename your folder /data/icons into /data/favicons
- Clean your browser cache
- Insert your current database connection and your individual configuration in config.ini. Important: we change the config.ini and add new options in newer versions. You have to update the config.ini too.
- The database will be updated automatically (ensure that your database has enought rights for creating triggers)
If you obtained selfoss using Git, some more steps might be required. See the development section.
For further questions or on any problem use our support forum: https://selfoss.aditu.de/forum
- Issue tracker for reporting problems and requesting new features
- Forum for general questions about usage
- Chat for discussing selfoss development
Selfoss supports importing OPML files. Find the OPML export in the old application, it is usually located somewhere in settings. Then visit the page https://yourselfossurl.com/opml and upload it there.
Selfoss uses composer for installing external libraries. When you clone the repository you have to issue
composer install to retrieve the external sources.
npm install in the
If you want to create a package with all the dependencies bundled, you will additionally require grunt. After installing it, execute
npm install in the selfoss directory to obtain the required tasks. Then you can run
grunt command to produce a zipball. As a bonus, you can also use
grunt install as a shortcut for installing the selfoss dependencies described above.
Every patch is expected to adhere to our coding style, which is checked automatically by Travis. You can install the checkers locally either with your package manager or by calling
utils/install-phars.sh, and then run the checks using
grunt check before submitting a pull request.
Very special thanks to all contributors of pull requests here on github. Your improvements are awesome!!!
Special thanks to the great programmers of this libraries which will be used in selfoss:
- FatFree PHP Framework: https://github.com/bcosca/fatfree
- SimplePie: http://simplepie.org/
- jQuery: https://jquery.com/
- jQuery UI: https://jqueryui.com/
- WideImage: http://wideimage.sourceforge.net/
- htmLawed: http://www.bioinformatics.org/phplabware/internal_utilities/htmLawed/
- PHP Universal Feed Generator: https://github.com/ajaxray/FeedWriter
- twitteroauth: https://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth
- Elphin IcoFileLoader: https://github.com/lordelph/icofileloader
- jQuery hotkeys: https://github.com/tzuryby/jquery.hotkeys
- jsmin: https://github.com/rgrove/jsmin-php
- cssmin: https://code.google.com/archive/p/cssmin
- Spectrum Colorpicker: https://github.com/bgrins/spectrum
- jQuery custom content scroller: http://manos.malihu.gr/jquery-custom-content-scroller/
- twitter oauth library: https://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth
- FullTextRSS: http://help.fivefilters.org/customer/portal/articles/223153-site-patterns
Icon Source: http://www.artcoreillustrations.com/