Database Benchmark is one of the most powerfull open source tools designed to stress test databases with large data flows. The application performs two main test scenarios:
- Insertion of large amount of randomly generated records with sequential or random keys;
- Read of the inserted records, ordered by their keys.
Database Benchmark is a very powerfull stress test tool. The main parameters that are measured are:
- Insert speed – the speed of insertion of all generated records (with sequential or random keys);
- Read speed – the speed of reading of all inserted records ordered by their key;
- Size – the size of the database after insert and read complete.
Every tested database must be capable of performing this simple test - insert the generated records and read them, ordered by their keys.
All of the databases included in the benchmark are implemented by our team. We are doing our best to make sure that the implementations are the best possible. If you can propose a better implementation or if you want to make a change, we encourage you to do it, following the Contributing guide: https://github.com/STSSoft/DatabaseBenchmark/wiki/Contributing.
The currently included databases are:
- MS SQL Server
- MS SQL Server Compact
- Oracle BerkeleyDB
- STSdb 4.0
- STSdb 3.5
- Advanced Data Generators - optimized algorithms that provide close to real-life data streams.
- Graphic Vsualization - chart visualization of all monitored parameters.
- Results Export - generate detailed and summary reports in CSV, JSON and PDF formats that help further analysis.
- Online Report - send your test results to our database and compare your results with others.
- Easy to Use - intuitive and easy to use interface.
Database Benchmark can be used as an additional viewpoint when the research engineers or software architects assess the appropriate background storage engine for their mission critical systems. The application contains all of the necessary tools that a database engineer needs to make a detailed performance analysis.
For the latest news about Database Benchmark you can visit the following resources:
- Official website: http://stssoft.com/products/database-benchmark.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/databasebenchmark?fref=ts.