Easy, efficient, and collaborative FIRST robot scouting
Robot Scouter is an open-source Android app with three core goals: make FIRST competition robot scouting easy, efficient, and collaborative.
- Full offline support
- No setup required i.e. no databases
🗄️(managing databases = 💩)
- Easy sharing between users
- Seamless collaboration: multiple people can scout the same team, different teams, or go solo on Android N and use split screen mode to scout several teams at once.
- Customizable scouting templates
📃with several different metrics to choose from:
- true/false (checkbox)
- stopwatch (for keeping track of cycle time)
- number (counter)
- list (item selector)
- text (notes)
- Integration with The Blue Alliance to automatically populate relevant team info
- Advanced spreadsheet exporting:
- Averages are computed for each team automatically
- A global average sheet is included to compare teams against each other
- Fancy formatting on devices with Android Lollipop (21) and above
- PSA: Excel spreadsheets can easily be converted to Google Sheets.
- JSON exports are also supported for custom analysis (e.g. in Tableau)
- And more!
Want to add features, fix bugs, or just poke around the code? No problem! Just make sure to read the contribution guidelines before getting in too deep.
If you know another language, please help translate Robot Scouter!
- Get familiar with Firebase to understand the core technologies behind Robot Scouter
- Take careful note of Firestore and Firebase-UI
- If you are working with Firestore or need access to other Firebase technologies, create your own Firebase project and replace the dummy google-services.json with the one created in your Firebase project
./gradlew checkto make sure the Travis build will pass
- That's it!