Testsuite to automatically test a Spacewalk installation
- The SUSE Manager official testsuite applicance has all the gems pre-installed as rpms. Alternatively you can use rbenv (packages available here)
rbenv use $version gem install bundler --pre bundle install
Setup the following environment variables.
- TESTHOST environment variable can be passed to change the default server you are testing against.
- BROWSER (default
phantomjsenvironment variable can be passed to change the default browser:
ZAP_PROXYto use OWASP ZAP to test for security vulnerabilities.
To run all standard tests call:
Or look at
rake -T for available tasks.
Custom feature run sets
Add a file into
run_sets/$name.yml and then execute
OWASP ZAP Support
If you set the
ZAP_PROXY variable to localhost or
127.0.0.1, the testsuite
will assume that the proxy runs on the same machine and it will take care
of starting/stopping it. It will assume ZAP is available at
ZAP_ACTIVE_ATTACK is set, additionally an active attack will be performed on the
server and added to the results.
If a file
zap_ignored.txt exists, those vulnerabilities will produce no failures.
zap_all.txt file is generated after each run so that the initial zap_ignored.txt
can be fed in and maintained.
To run the tests with the security feature use the rake command below in addition to setting the appropriate environment variables:
Conventions when adding more tests
- Add required gems to
- Unit tests in
- Helpers for unit tests in
- Cucumber features under features.
- Helpers shared scross tests/features should go into the
- The testsuite is licensed under the MIT license. See the
MIT-LICENSE.txtfile included in the distribution.