Snake game for Pepino
This is a port of the Snake game first posted at http://www.instructables.com/id/Snake-on-an-FPGA-Verilog/
The keyboard keys W,A,S,D are used to control the direction of the snake. DIP switch 0 (the right most switch) is the game start/reset input.
The snake grows by four blocks each time the snake head hits the apple (controlled by parameter)
Changes from the original code
- Clock generation: A DCM is used generated the 25 MHz VGA_clock
- The design is changed to be complete synchronous (all flip-flops are clocked by VGA_clock)
- The size of a block is changed from 10x10 pixels to 8x8 pixels to reduce the logic
- The snake growth is controlled by a parameter
- Almost all the code is rewritten from scratch, basically the only original code is the VGA controller
Binaries for Pepino_LX9 and Pepino_LX25 are available in the ISE folder.