Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
Safe Exam Browser 2.2.3 for Windows is an important security update for SEB 2.2.x and 2.1.x
PLEASE UPDATE TO THIS VERSION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
WE WILL REMOVE ALL OLDER SEB VERSIONS SOON.
Our new policy is: We will only support the latest SEB version and will remove all older SEB versions after a grace period. Please adjust your procedures accordingly. Only with updated SEB versions you can achieve the best possible security and stability of e-assessments. Therefore you have to keep your exam environment up to date, there is no alternative to regular updates.
New in SEB 2.2.3:
- Fixed an issue in calculating the Browser Exam Key (BEK): Now sorting browser files for hashing with culture invariant string comparer to avoid problem with Swedish (order of letters "w" and "v" reversed) and probably Turkish locale settings. Because of the wrong alphabetic sorting, a different BEK was calculated on Windows set to such languages (locales) since SEB 2.2 and the check for detecting additional (irregular) files in SEB's program directory displayed a warning in SEB 2.2.2.
- Added settings option to switch off detector for RDP/remote session (key allowScreenSharing)
- Security improvements important mainly when running SEB on managed computers.
- The dialog "Open File With... Safe Exam Browser" is no longer displayed when downloading and opening .seb files.
- Fixed download dialog so now it is not possible to close it if reconfiguration is in progress (password dialog is shown or reconfiguration error dialog is shown i.e. password was entered incorrectly too many times or decryption failed).
- Added settings key "backgroundOpenSEBConfig" (for server generated settings, no UI available in Config Tool) to disable download dialog for seb(s) links completely. This option allows reconfiguration of Safe Exam Browser without an authentication window if exam setup does not need additional authentication given the download link is accessible anonymously.
- Added settings options for Use private clipboard and all settings from macOS 2.1.3 version to Config Tool / Security pane.