This is a Responsive arcade script written in PHP that is -- in spirit -- based on the old (no longer supported or maintained) version of GameSiteScript 4. Nearly all of the code has been rewritten for better adherence to new coding standards. A production "demo" of the front-end is always available at Free Online Flash Games. Follow our Twitter or Facebook for regular updates.
If you are interested in fixing issues, would like to help make this application better, or just want to chat, please join our PHPArcade Discord Server.
Please create your pull request against the
master branch. Tests must pass in order for the PR to be merged, though right now our tests are small and not too intricate, so we could use some help there.
Features (screenshots below)
- Add/edit pages via GUI
- Add/edit games manually
- Custom languages possible via .PO files, English default
- Customizable theme modules and uploading
- Database-driven design, including stored procedures and indexed queries
- External email support (e.g. Google Apps for Work, Gmail)
- HTML5 games and other custom code implementations
- Internal high score system for some game types, primarily ibPro v2
- Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4-based themes
- RSS Feeds
- Supports PHP7!
- User administration and profiles
- The examples provided in the Wiki are for CentOS 6 using non-default repositories. This code has not been tested on Apache. It may work with some basic .htaccess conversions.
- This code can be found on GitHub and on GitLab.
- Please review the .travis.yml file in the
- Please note that MySQL is not tested and is not officially supported, however, it probably works with MySQL 5.7+
- Binary Theme for use of the Responsive Theme
- Google ReCaptcha is used for bot verification
- PHP Mailer is used for email notifications.
- phpArcade is made open source by permission. Please note that the maintainer(s) of this repository do not imply ownership or affiliation with GameSiteScript or its contents.
- JetBrains has been incredibly helpful and I'd like to thank them for their products and
continued offering of an open source license.
- Sage Russell - Project maintainer, developer.
- Thank you to BennyJake for your contributions.