Amazon Web Services node.js module. Originally a fork of aws-lib.
Either manually clone this repository into your node_modules directory, or the recommended method:
npm install aws2js
Project and Design goals
- HTTPS-only APIs communication
- Proper error reporting
- Simple to write clients for a specific AWS service (abstracts most of the low level plumbing)
- Simple to use AWS API calls
- Higher level clients for specific work flows
- Proper documentation
- Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
- Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service)
- Amazon SES (Simple Email Service)
- Amazon ELB (Elastic Load Balancing)
- Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Amazon IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Amazon Auto Scaling
More will come. This module is under active development.
The clients expose the client.setMaxSockets() method for changing the https.Agent.defaultMaxSockets property. Note that this method changes the property for all the clients if you use multiple aws2js clients into a single application. Calling it multiple times sets the value to the last input. This is useful for use cases where the default limit of 5 sockets that's provided by default by the HTTP Agent proves to be insufficient.
Currently the used mime module works by making a file extension lookup. aws2js will eventually integrate the mime-magic module that provides proper mime auto-detection. Currently mime-magic doesn't work portably.