Skip to content
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
- Deprecated the usage of mime.fileWrapper(). Calling mime() directly is preferred - #7.
- jslint compliant.
- Uses different installation mode for the file(1) utility. Under restrictive environments, such as Heroku, the library may use the system installed libmagic database which is not forward compatible.
- Updates the bundled file(1) version to 5.11.
- Support for passing an array of paths with the callback getting an array of MIME types - #3.
- The make.js wrapper outputs the whole process after file(1) installation.
- Updates the bundled file(1) version to 5.10.
- Windows support.
- Merges the changes from #1: couldn't use fileWrapper more than once unless restarted server.
- Updates the bundled file(1) version to 5.09.
- Uses child_process.execFile() instead of child_process.exec(). Besides avoiding spawning a new shell, the current approach also avoids path escaping issues and command injections.
- Updates the bundled file(1) version to 5.08. This version adds application/zip detection among others.
- Updates the build tool to rebuild file(1) if the expected version is different than the installed version.
- Includes the file(1) (v5.07) source tree along with a build script which was made to work on Ubuntu / OS X. The wrapper uses this file version along with the appropriate magic database.
- Updated the error detection code. Some file 4.x/5.x versions used to send the error message via STDOUT. The recent versions fix this behavior by sending the error message via STDERR. mime-magic error reporting is compatible with both.
- Initial release featuring a simple file(1) wrapper.