z88dk ZCC PC-6002 Compiler Front-end
This is a Tkinter Python-based UI front-end for z88dk ZCC compiler for PC-60 platform.
COMPILE60 requires the following to work:
- Python 2.7 installed and configured
- Create environment variable "ZCCCFG" and set its value to this config path in z88dk: "z88dk/lib/config"
- Add path to z88dk binary folder in your PATH environment variable: "z88dk/bin"
If everything is there, just double click
compile60.py to start the front-end.
COMPILE60 will also generate a
.vscode folder and tasks.json configuration file to build C code from within vscode. Use shortcut
Ctrl+Shift+B and select the BASIC mode you would like to use to build the current open C file (this method cannot build multiple C files together, use the front-end for that).
COMPILE60 will try to provide useful information in case of failure.
The output of COMPILE60 build process:
- A .bin file with the compiled z80 hexadecimal code
- A .cas file ready to be loaded in the PC-6001 emulator tape drive
To load and run a compiled program using a PC-6001 emulator:
- Insert Tape file (.cas) in emulator
- Go to correct BASIC mode and page (by default: Mode 5, Page 3)
- Once initial code is loaded, type:
runto start loading the actual program then executing it
Support for outputing binaries directly to a virtual floppy disk is planned.