Bukubrow is a WebExtension for Buku, a command-line bookmark manager.
- Bukubrow Host
- Supported browser: Firefox, Chrome, or Chromium
- If building the WebExtension:
Installing the host and registering it with your browser is required to allow the browser extension to talk to Buku.
Install the WebExtension from the relevant addon store.
- Chrome/Chromium: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bukubrow/ghniladkapjacfajiooekgkfopkjblpn
- Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bukubrow/
Alternatively, you can build the WebExtension manually as follows:
- Clone the repo.
make webext. Your zip file will be located within the
./release/directory. This zip file is the exact structure expected by all compatible browsers.
- Load the extension in your browser. Please refer to the browser documentation.
The WebExtension is written in strict TypeScript, utilising React for rendering and Redux with thunks for state management, and makes heavy use of the functional library Purify for ADT-driven data management and enhanced type safety. Yarn is used for dependency management and task running. Data is fetched from the host via native messaging.