Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
This release fixes a bug that could result in only changes of top-level items being synced. This affects users who carried out the initial linking with Maestral v0.2.5 or later and selected to exclude folders before the first download. Users affected by this should rebuild Maestral's index after updating by selecting "Rebuild index..." in the main menu.
Other improvements include expanded command line scripts with more useful output, minor bug fixes and small tweaks to the UI.
- Added a "status" property to
maestral.mainwhich shows the last log message.
- Added a command group
maestral logto view and clear the log as well set the logging level. Commands are:
maestral log show: Shows the logs in terminal.
maestral log clear: Clears the logs.
maestral log level: Returns the current log level.
maestral log level [DEBUG|INFO|WARNING|ERROR]: Sets the log level to the given
value. Affects both stdout and file logs.
- Added an option "-a" to
maestral lsto include hidden files.
- Added tooltips for system tray icon when not on macOS.
- Made log levels persistent between sessions.
- Changed the name of
maestral lsand, by default, do not list "hidden" items that start with a dot. Added an option "-a" to explicitly list all files in a directory.
- Improved output from command line scripts:
- Wrap all long outputs in empty lines.
- Show more informative status.
- Show Dropbox folder location in account-info.
- Add colours to outputs like "[OK]" and "[FAILED]".
- Set minimum version requirement for click package.
- Reduced the startup time by downloading profile picture in a thread. Periodically update in the background (every 20 min).
- Check hashes before uploading modified files. This speeds up re-linking an old folder by orders of magnitude.
- Enable the creation of multiple autostart entries for different configurations.
- Fall back to PNG tray icons if the platform may not support our svg format.
- Fixed a bug which would not allow running maestral for the first time before explicitly adding a configuration with
maestral config new. Now, a default configuration is created automatically on first run.
- Prevent the GUI and a daemon from syncing the same folder at the same time.
- Fixed the creation of multiple daemons. A new daemon will no longer overwrite an old one and
maestral daemon startwill do nothing if a daemon for the given configuration is already running.
- Automatic allocation of ports for the communication between daemon and client.
- Show the (Dropbox) file path in the string representation of
MaestralApiError. Previously, one could not see from the traceback which file caused the error.
- Fixed a bug that would result in only changes of top-level items being synced. This affects users who carrier out the initial linking with Maestral v0.2.5 or later (commit 40be316) and selected to exclude folders before the initial sync. Users affected by this bug should rebuild Maestral's index by selecting "Rebuild index..." in the main menu.
This release includes several significant changes. The largest are:
- Support for multiple Dropbox accounts (via the command line)
- A Maestral daemon for the command line
- A redesigned settings window with more prominent account information
The use of the new command line scripts is documented in the README and other changes can be found in the CHANGELOG.
This release fixes a critical bug which would cause Maestral to get stuck after the initial sync. This does not affect users who have already performed the initial sync with a previous version of Maestral.
- Added a context menu entry to the "Sync issues" window to show a file on dropbox.com.
- Move logs to '$XDG_CACHE_HOME/maestral' on Linux and '~/Library/Logs/maestral' on macOS.
- Reduce the number of Dropbox API calls during initial sync.
- Fixed a bug which would cause Maestral to get stuck after the initial download.
- Fixes an issue in macOS where modal dialogs in the settings window would sometimes appear behind the window instead of in front of it.
This release fixes several sync issues which could occur when the internet connection is lost during a sync. It also notifies the user if Maestral's access to their Dropbox has been revoked.
- Handle expired or invalidated Dropbox access.
- Ask the user before overriding an existing folder in the setup dialog.
- Added status updates for large file uploads (e.g., "Uploading 10/545MB...").
- Significant speedup of initial indexing. Excluded folders or subfolders will no longer be indexed.
- Save config files to the systems default location: '$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/maestral' or '.config/maestral' in Linux and '~/Library/Application Support/maestral' on macOS.
- Fixed a false "Dropbox folder cannot be found" message which would appear when quitting and restarting Maestral during the first sync. Now, the initial download is quietly resumed when relaunching Maestral.
- Fixed an issue where an interrupted upload would not resume without restarting Maestral.
- Fixed an issue where file changes while "offline" would sometimes not be synced to Dropbox when a connection is reestablished.
- Fixed an issue where errors from
requestswould inadvertently get caught instead of being raised.