a chess960 engine
A long time ago I wrote this program from scratch.
Goals were: Decent strength. Clean code. And no bugs.
Most of my time was spent writing magic bitboard move generator from scratch.
I thought I lost my old code. Luckily I found my backups and decided to publish Sapeli.
Right now I'm not adding more strength.
I'm only improving code quality and fixing possible bugs.
Take good care of my brainchild!
C / Linux coding style.
No tricky expressions.
Keep it simple, stupid.
- C / gcc
- fairymax / stockfish ( testing against )
Sapeli is simple, lightweigth and original.
- Magic BitBoards, qsearch, mvv, pst...
- UCI support + Sapeli Command Line Interface.
- Eval hash + Good moves hash + Perft hash.
- Test suite with 23,772,192,204 nodes.
Supported chess variants:
- Chess960 ( Standard + Shuffle Chess )
- King Of The Hill w/ 960 castling
- Sapeli Command Line Interface
- UCI_Chess960: check / false
- UCI_Kingofthehill: check / false
- WhitePOV: check / false
- AiLevel: 0 random 100 full AI
"make install". Install Sapeli in your computer.
- -DNDEBUG : No tests. Much faster builds!
- -DABSOLUTE_SCORE : Sapeli reports only absolute scores. Default is relative.
- Use makefile for builds. make build
- Run "sapeli -id". You should get nodes 119060324
- Ready to go Sapeli cli / cutechess-cli / xboard / whatever.
- Score of Sapeli 1.03 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 952 - 24 - 24 [0.964] 1000
- Elo difference: 571.11 +/- 54.00
- Score of Sapeli 1.03 vs Stockfish 8 64: 63 - 37 - 0 [0.630] 100
- Elo difference: 92.46 +/- 71.62
- Chess960 / 40/180 / Sapeli 1.02 vs Sapeli 1.02
- KQKR / Sapeli 1.01 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b
- KNBK / Sapeli 1.01 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b
- Shuffle variant / 40/180 / Sapeli 1.02 vs Fairy-Max 4.8V
- King of the hill / 40/180 / Sapeli 1.02 vs Sapeli 1.02
- King of the hill w/ 960 castling / 40/180 / Sapeli 1.02 vs Sapeli 1.02
Here are some builds for different OS. Windows and MacOS mainly. Not built by me. So take care.
- Sapeli 1.0 : Pretty stable release.
- Sapeli 1.01 : POPCNT and SSE3 builds
- Sapeli 1.02 : POPCNT and SSE3 builds
- Sapeli 1.11 : POPCNT and SSE3 bins : tpoppins
Snippets here and there.
Thanks for helping Sapeli project!
- tmokonen / talkchess.com | Builds
- Spill_The_Tea / talkchess.com | Builds
- tpoppins / talkchess.com | Builds + Relative score + WhitePOV uci options
- Everybody else I have forgotten
Sapeli, a chess960 engine
Sapeli is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Sapeli is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.