IOT enabled Decentralized Waste Management using IOTA.
IOT is a very powerful tool, but on it’s own its applications are very restricted.Connecting different IOT enabled devices using next generation blockchains like Tangle. Currently numerous dustbins across cities lie unused or not used in an efficient manner. Our product connects each of them enabling an entire ecosystem of dustbins where they can efficiently manage waste, identify users and reward them, earn, do transactions, etc.
Blockchain + IOT = IOTA
Why using Dustbin?
If an object like dustbin which isn’t associated to technology can utilize this model flawlessly then the scope of other smart devices using this model is beyond imagination.
Why using IOTA(Tangle)?
As the Internet-of-Things keep expanding, the need for interoperability and sharing of resources become a necessity. IOTA enables companies to explore new business-2-business models by making every technological resource a potential service to be traded on an open market in real time, with no fees. In this new autonomous Machine Economy IOTA will be the backbone. The Tangle ledger is able to settle transactions with zero fees so devices can trade exact amounts of resources on-demand, as well as store data from sensors and data loggers securely and verified on the ledger.
- Users register on the website/app.
- They are shown their profile along with the nearest dustbins.
- The dustbin detects every time they dispose waste in it.
- Points are added into their account which they can later redeem for coupons.
- Dustbin can analyze data and rent or buy other dustbins securely using IOTA for itself.
- Dustbin sends a request to empty itself once it passes a certain threshold.
- Dustbin earns points every time it is emptied which it can use to buy/rent other dustbins.
- Users can set up their own dustbins.