TexTools for Blender
TexTools is a Free addon for Blender 3D with a set of professional UV and Texture tools. Back in 2009 renderhjs released the Original TexTools for 3dsMax. Current features include: multiple out-of-the-box Texture Baking modes, UV Layout tools (Align, Rectify, Sort, Randomize...), Texel Density tools, smart UV Selection operators, Color ID tools and some UV related Mesh creation utilities.
Download & Documentation
Visit the Official Website & Documentation for an in depth overview of the original tools (outdated).
- Blenderartists discussion thread
- Original author renderhjs.net personal website, all written in haxe ;)
- renderhjs's Git repository on BitBucket
- renderhjs's release log
- renderhjs's 3dsMax version of TexTools
- Polycount discussion thread
- Download TexTools for Blender from master(best), or the latest release.
- In Blender from the File menu open User Preferences
- Go to the Add-ons tab .
- Look for any old version of TexTools currently installed and uninstall it.
- Hit Install Addon-on from File... and Select the zip file.
- Enable the TexTools Addon.
- The TexTools panel can be found in the UV/Image Editor view in the left side Panel.