Scan-o-matic was published in G3 September 2016.
If you are considering setting up Scan-o-matic at your lab, we would be very happy and would love to hear from you. But, before you decide on this, the Faculty of Science at University of Gothenburg has included Scan-o-matic among its high-throughput phenomics infrastructure and it is our expressed interest that external researchers come to us. If you are interested there's some more information and contact information here: The center for large scale cell based screeening. It is yet to become listed on the page, but don't worry, it will be part of the list.
Some studies using Scan-o-Matic
Add yours too if it is missing!
- Conjugation factors controlling F-plasmid antibiotic resistance transmission, bioRxiv
- Clonal Heterogeneity Influences the Fate of New Adaptive Mutations, Cell Rep., 2017
- Contrasting evolutionary genome dynamics between domesticated and wild yeasts, Nature Genetics, 2017
- Predicting quantitative traits from genome and phenome with near perfect accuracy, Nature Communications, 2016
- Powerful decomposition of complex traits in a diploid model, Nature Communications, 2016
Also in the dissertation Tracking microbial growth and evolution at high-throughput.
Setting up Scan-o-Matic
Nowadays we ship images of Scan-o-Matic to Docker-Hub (link below). Search for how to install
docker on your OS and follow those instructions as a first step.
Scan-o-Matic is intended to be really easy to use in the lab.
Information while using Scan-o-Matic
Quality control and export
Contributing to the development
Please use the following workflow