The Great Ace Attorney 2 - English Fan Translation Patch for Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2
Please feel free to log typos and errors in the issues page.
We require Luma3DS 7.2 or above. You can check this version by holding SELECT when powering on the console. Luma3DS will remove the region lock on your 3DS, so any region 3DS will be able to play this game!
- If you do not have Luma3DS installed, follow this guide to install it: https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started
- If you are on Luma3DS 7.0.5 or lower, follow these instructions: https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
- If you are on Luma3DS 7.1, follow these instructions to update: https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s
- If you are on Luma3DS 7.2 or above, you can proceed.
You must have either a physical DGS2 cartridge inserted or a digital DGS2 copy installed to your 3DS.
It is very important that you follow this guide and do not experiment on your own if something goes wrong. Make sure you see the DGS2 logo on the top screen in Step 3. If you follow this guide and do not experiment, this is perfectly safe. Ask on the FTI Discord (https://discord.gg/3nYQ9aG) in #dai-gyakuten-saiban if you need help or assistance.
- Download the latest release from this repository: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS2-3DS-Release/releases/latest
- Extract the release to the root of your 3DS SD Card.
- Hold START while booting your 3DS and choose
DGS2-Patcherfrom the menu and confirm with A. Make sure you see the Great Ace Attorney 2 logo on the top screen before you proceed - if you don't see it, start over or ask on Discord, then press A to begin patching. If you don't see the Great Ace Attorney 2 logo on the top screen, you probably booted into GodMode9 or a different payload by mistake. Turn off your 3DS and try again.
- Patching will take about two minutes. After it is complete, press A again and your 3DS will restart.
- Launch FBI and navigate to
SD:/3DS/ScarletStudy/DGS2-English-v2.X.X.cia, then install it.
DO NOT INSTALL THE PATCHER TO YOUR FIRM PARTITION. IF YOU END UP IN GODMODE9 IN STEP 3, YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG!
You may now run The Great Ace Attorney 2 on your console, and will only need to repeat these steps to install a new update.
Unfortunately, the Banner can not be translated via a Game Update. The eManual is in English, however.