Eliot: Logging for Complex & Distributed Systems
Eliot is a Python logging system that outputs causal chains of actions happening within and across process boundaries: a logical trace of the system's operation.
Eliot was originally created by ClusterHQ and is maintained by Itamar Turner-Trauring and others, under the Apache 2.0 License.
Download from PyPI, read the documentation, file bugs at Github.
Need help? Join the
#eliot IRC channel on
$ pip install eliot
- Structured, optionally-typed log messages and actions.
- Logged actions can span processes and threads.
- Excellent support for unit testing your code's logging.
- Optional Twisted support.
- Native journald support, easily usable by Logstash/Elasticsearch.
- Supports CPython 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and PyPy.