'Thinkful Tube' -- YouTube API client-side project from Thinkful's fullstack web development program.
For this project, you will build a page with a simple search form that allows the user to search YouTube videos. Based on the search results the page will display thumbnail images of videos that match the search.
- Accept a user search term
- Get JSON from the YouTube API based on the user search term
- Display the thumbnail image of the returned videos
Optional Advanced functionality challenges
- Make the images clickable, leading the user to the YouTube video, on YouTube
- Make the images clickable, playing them in a lightbox
- Show a link for more from the channel that each video came from
- Show buttons to get more results (using the previous and next page links from the JSON)
Toobverse is a platform for users to search for videos on Youtube and stream high quality media as well as discover live content in a sleek and easy-to-navigate user interface.
- Slick - Responsive carousel jQuery plugin
- Task manager, build step
- Automation tool to make the development process faster.
- Allows for multiple screens to reload live and all interactions are in synchronization, mirroring actions across every browser on any device located on local network.
- ES6 support for older environments (IE8 etc)
- Tobin Bridge Night image -- photo by Max McClaskie