Mesh: Make Coplanar (v0.6)
This add-on now requires 2.8x. I might consider redesigning the add-on to have a better UX if it becomes popular. It was mostly something that I hacked together to solve my use case.
mesh_makecoplanar.pyfrom this repo (ex: by clicking the
Clone or Downloadbutton and clicking
- Open Blender Preferences with
Edit -> Preferences.
- Click the
Add-onstab (on the left).
- Filter your add-ons to only show
Meshby clicking on the filter drop-down (below
Official) and select
Mesh: Make Coplanarexists with an author
Scott Michaud, click
Removeto uninstall the old version.
- On the top right, click the
- Navigate to where you downloaded
Install Add-on from File....
- Click the checkbox (square) to the top-right of
Mesh: Make Coplanar.
- In Edit Mode, select 3-or-more vertices.
- Press the space bar and type "Make Coplanar". OR
- Press Ctrl + V (Vertex Tools Menu) and select "Make Coplanar"
- The desired plane to move vertices to will be calculated:
- If 3 vertices were selected, it will be the plane that they form.
- If 4+ vertices were selected, an average plane will be calculated. These vertices will be moved onto it.
- Your vertices will unselect.
- Select more vertices to align with that plane.
Enterto move this second selection onto the plane, or
ESCto not move the second selection.
There are two common use-cases:
- If you have a bunch of vertices that are not coplanar, then select the vertices that closest represents the plane that you are trying to model and run the command, then select the outliers to conform them to the same plane and press
- If you already have a plane, but you have some vertices that fell off of it, then select 3 vertices from the plane and run the command, then select the outlier vertices and press