#Mesh: Make Coplanar (v0.5)
- Place mesh_makecoplanar.py in your Addons folder. On a default, Windows, 64-bit installation of Blender 2.72, it is probably in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons
- Open Blender
- Open User Preferences (alt + ctrl + u)
- Click the Addons tab
- Select the "Mesh" category
- Click the checkbox for "Mesh: Make Coplanar"
- (Unless you want to repeat Step 3 through Step 6 each time you turn on Blender) Click "Save User Settings" (probably in the bottom left of the Blender User Preferences pop-up window).
- In Edit Mode, select 3-or-more vertices.
- Press the space bar and type "Make Coplanar". OR
- Press Ctrl + V (Vertex Tools Menu) and select "Make Coplanar"
- The desired plane to move vertices to will be calculated:
- If 3 vertices were selected, it will be the plane that they form.
- If 4+ vertices were selected, an average plane will be calculated. These vertices will be moved onto it.
- Your vertices will unselect.
- Select more vertices to align with that plane.
- Press Enter to move this second selection onto the plane, or ESC to just move the first selection (if 4+).