Hey! I'm Sean Aubin!
I'm a punk trained in Electrical Engineering and Theoretical Neuroscience, but now mostly building computery tools for scientists. You can reach me casually via Twitter. I also have a blog that usually updates once a year.
Open Source Contributions
I mostly contribute to Python Computational Biology projects, because they have a low barrier to entry for me to contribute meaningfully. However, if someone ever works on a partial replacement for Rosetta in Julia, please contact me! Finally, I still do a lot of review for Nengo-related projects, since it's a project near and dear to my heart.
- Dynamicland: Making computing collaborative and humane by embodying it in the world.
- Zig: Replacing C for low-level computation.
- OilShell: An upgrade path from Bash to a better shell language.
- Julia: Ambitiously overcoming the two-language problem for scientists (using C++ libraries from R or Python) with gradual typing and meta-programming.
- Human Systems Design: Designing systems (both digital and in-person) which allow for meaningful collaborations.